The present page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page or drafted elsewhere and then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Critical value, while unrelated titles should be moved to Critical value (disambiguation).
Critical value may refer to:
- In differential topology, a critical value of a differentiable function ƒ : M → N between differentiable manifolds is the image (value of) ƒ(x) in N of a critical point x in M.
- In statistical hypothesis testing, the critical values of a statistical test are the boundaries of the acceptance region of the test. The acceptance region is the set of values of the test statistic for which the null hypothesis is not rejected. Depending on the shape of the acceptance region, there can be one or more than one critical value.
- In medicine, a critical value or panic value is a value of a laboratory test that indicates a serious risk to the patient. Laboratory staff may be required to directly notify a physician or clinical staff of these values.
- do Carmo, Manfredo Perdigão (1976). Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces. Prentice Hall. ISBN 0-13-212589-7.
- Hughes, Ann J.; Grawoig, Dennis E. (1971). Statistics: A Foundation for Analysis. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley. p. 191. ISBN 0-201-03021-7.
- "Laboratory Critical/Panic Value List". Stanford Health Care.